Award-winning Art Director and Graphic Designer with over 20 years of experience specializing in print and digital formats. Embraces collaboration with clients, photographers, web developers, printers and other designers to successfully take each project from concept to completion. Passionate about creating impactful designs, including branding for small start-ups, marketing materials for medical device companies and advertising and annual reports for corporate clients.
Education: Rhode Island School of Design, Providence, RI | BFA in Graphic Design
Programs: Acrobat, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Powerpoint, Sketchup, Word, WordPress
Owner/Graphic Designer | MMGD, Santa Barbara, CA (2016-present)
Freelance Graphic Designer working with local and SF based companies.
- Design of logos and collateral for new businesses, and established businesses requiring new branding
- Design and creation of brochures, catalogs, advertising, PPT presentations, social media posts, and webdesign (WIX/Wordpress)
- Creation of composite images and iMovie shorts
- Photography Retouching
Media Design Director | Forms+Surfaces, Carpinteria, CA (2008-2016)
Forms+Surfaces designs and manufactures architectural products used in public spaces around the world. From walls and elevator interiors to site furnishings and lighting, the line invites creativity and provides real-world solutions to the challenges customers face.
- Managed senior graphic designer and in-house photographer
- Design and creation of all corporate marketing and sales materials including
- Company logo and corporate collateral
- Brochures, booklets and catalogs
- Labels and packaging
- Banners and giveaways used at the American Society of Landscape Architects annual tradeshow
- Three iterations of company website
- PPT and video presentations
- campaigns for AZURE, Metropolis, Landscape Architect and Specifier News, Architect, Architectural Record, and Landscape Architecture Magazine
- Creation of composite images for products without photography at time of launch
- Retouching of product and project photographs to remove imperfections and distractions
- Advertising Awards:
- American Society of Landscape Architects – 2008 Ad Award, Best Graphic Quality
- American Society of Landscape Architects – 2008 Ad Award, Most Persuasive
- American Society of Landscape Architects – 2009, 2010, 2011 Ad Awards, Ad of the Year
- Architectural Record – 2010 Advertisment Excellence, Honorable Mention
- Architectural Record – 2010 Advertisment Excellence, Outstanding “Saw” and “Read” score
- Architectural Record – 2012 Advertisment Excellence, Outstanding “Saw” score
Senior Graphic Designer | Nexxus Hair Products, Goleta, CA (2001-2008)
Nexxus was founded in 1979 by Jheri Redding, scientist, cosmetologist and inventor of the modern day conditioner. At the time of my employment, Nexxus was a salon-only brand which was sold to Alberto Culver in 2008.
- Design of all brochures, booklets, point of purchase displays, bottle designs and product logos
- Photoshoot coordination, including model selection, wardrobe and on-set direction
- Photo Retouching
- 2004 Print 101 Award – Certificate of Excellence for Superior Creativeness, Planning and Production of Graphic Art, “Aloxxi-Five-in-One” brochure
Art Director | Computer Motion, Goleta, CA (1994-2001)
Computer Motion developed and marketed proprietary robotic and computerized surgical systems that enhanced a surgeon’s performance and centralize and simplify a surgeon’s control of the operating room. Computer Motion merged with Intuitive Surgical in 2003.
- Supervision of external photographer and art direction
- Design of company logo and supporting corporate collateral
- Design of product logos and placement on products
- Design and creation of all printed materials including brochures and annual reports
- International Award of Excellence – 2000 Gold Award, Professional Trade
- The American Society of Professional Communications – 2000 Masters Communication Award, Press Materials Media Kits, “Believe it”
- The American Society of Professional Communications – 2000 Annual Report Competition, Best Annual Report, Best Photography/Graphic Design, Best Financial Presentation
Graphic Designer | AGIA Affinity Services, Carpinteria, CA (1990-1994)
AGIA is a mass marketing administrator of insurance that creates and markets insurance programs to help clients grow in both membership strength and financially.
- Design and creation of direct mail pieces offering insurance benefits and services to enchance the relationships between affinity organizations and their customers
Grey Matter Marketing
Jack Kiesel Landscaper
Perch Hair Salon
A great concept leads to a great design and can only come from a close interaction with the client.
Providing multiple designs gives clients options to combine elements for an even better solution.
A finished product is what my clients receive – printed or digital, as well as all production files for their archives.